Parent Terms of Agreement
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the event or activity referenced above, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1) There are known and unknown risks of injury associated with DSL’s activities including its games, practices and recreational events. Our Health & Safety Policy will be published prior to the start of the season.
2) I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown and, hereby, waive, release, absolve, indemnify, agree to hold harmless and shall defend the DSL (including its officers, directors, volunteers, sponsors, coaches and referees), Battery Park City Authority, Hudson River Park Trust, New York City Parks Department and all participants and persons involved with the DSL, from any claim, action, damages, costs or expenses arising out of injury or harm to my child or me occurring during or in relation to a DSL game, activity or event to the fullest extent permitted by law. I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions and negligence of DSL including its employees, agents, servants and representatives.
3) I understand that my child is expected to attend all games and practices unless notified of a cancellation. I understand that I or another responsible adult should be present at the games and practices. When attending games and practices, I will conduct myself in a respectful manner and comply with requests made of me by the coaches and referees.
4) I understand that if my child or I engage in any conduct which is disrespectful or unsportsmanlike, DSL may take disciplinary action. My child and I will comply with any such disciplinary action.
5) I understand that my child or I might be photographed during official DSL activities. These pictures might be posted to the DSL web site.
6) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR
OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.